What is Teletherapy?
- Teletherapy is remote, virtual therapy that can be accessed from one’s own home or any comfortable setting, using audio and video technologies.
- Research has indicated that teletherapy is just as effective as in-person therapy.
- At Miami Counseling & Resource Center, we can provide teletherapy services to individuals throughout the state of Florida.
- Teletherapy is offered through secure and HIPAA compliant technology platforms in order to maintain the same standards of confidentiality as in-person sessions.
- Teletherapy often is covered by health insurance. Our friendly staff will be happy to check the specifics of your insurance policy and explain the coverage to you. Our front office can be reached at 305-448-8325 ext 7.
Miami Counseling & Resource Center is fully operational, and all of our counseling, psychotherapy, nutritional, and psychiatric services are now available remotely.
As we have all been adjusting to the new realities brought by the Coronavirus pandemic, therapy and counseling services have adapted and moved online along with most other industries. As you focus on maintaining your physical health, it can be easy to let your mental health suffer, but it is still important to prioritize your emotional well-being. Although we cannot meet face-to-face, we are still here to support you screen-to-screen.
Many aspects of our day-to-day life have been disrupted, and you may be experiencing feelings of anxiety or distress as a result. Stress, loneliness, depression, relationship troubles, concerns about finances, and difficulty coping with the loss of autonomy are all normal reactions to our current circumstances. Everybody reacts differently to stress, and our experienced therapists are ready to work with you to address whatever specific issues you may be struggling with. We are here to help you work through your feelings and cope with this challenging time.
As we continue being confined to our homes, you may experience new challenges. Spending more time at home often puts a strain on relationships, and the expert therapists at Miami Counseling & Resource Center are ready to help you work through these issues. While we have always worked to support our patients through interpersonal difficulties, we recognize that the current challenges are straining many of our relationships in unprecedented ways, and we are well equipped to help you and your loved ones to cope and thrive.
Whether you are having challenges in relationships with the people you live with, or with others who may be far away, teletherapy allows for effective interventions to be made by our seasoned professionals.
Nobody knows how long social distancing measures will continue, but we will be here, providing remote therapy services, for as long as is necessary. Even as restrictions are lifted, our mental health professionals will continue to offer teletherapy sessions for anyone who feels more comfortable receiving therapy from home.
Contact us at 305-448-8325 ext 7 for more information.